Here's how we've served our community:
- The Old Brick was recently invited to represent 10 of 40 students in the nation at the White House to participate in Broadway at the White House and appear on The Learning Channel.
- The Old Brick won the 2009 Coming Up Taller Award as one of the
top 15 Arts Education organizations in the Nation.
- The Old Brick partnerswith the Durbin Greenbrier Railroad to bring
nearly 75,000 visitors to Elkins to enjoy The Polar Express™ Excursion Train.
This project involves 60 student volunteers and 40 student and local professional actors.
- The Old Brick conducts an Apprenticeship for upwards of 80
secondary students locally.
- Annually the Brick offers Acting Up Literally (and literacy program) free of charge for approximately 45 elementary students after school.
- The Old Brick students and staff donate 20 performances each year to community projects and fundraising endeavors.
- The OBP Apprentices produce a main stage performance that entertains
at least 1000 community members showcasing each of their unique talents.
- The Old Brick has nearly 3,000 alumni who participated in our Apprenticeship program,
Acting Up, and Summer Camp.
- The Old Brick tours original anti bullying plays into elementary schools throughout the state
- The Old Brick Facility has hosted over 1,500 community events in the last 25 years.
- The OBP team conducts Costumer Service and HR workshops and corporate trainings.